Sunday, 15 April 2012

Inaugural post!


So, there's nothing to do in Eastbourne?

Depending on what you're looking for, you may be right, but I'm finding that there's so much going on that I'm spoilt for choice. Yet when the lights go down and the show begins there's often not that many of us in the audience. And I hate trying to applaud as if I were actually twenty people - it makes my arms hurt! I'd like to encourage more Eastbourne residents and visitors to take a chance on the cultural offerings around our town.

The Devonshire Park is my favourite of the three Eastbourne theatres. The Towner Gallery shows fabulous exhibitions. The Underground Theatre puts on an eclectic mix of music, theatre and film. The Bandstand is a beautiful music venue. The Curzon Cinema and Hailsham Pavilion are great for art house and foreign language films. Plus there is a varied and inspiring mix of pubs, clubs, cafes, galleries, artist's studios  and outside spaces.

In this blog, I'm going to review shows, films and concerts I've been to in Eastbourne and the local area. I'm also going to shout about upcoming events that I think will be worth attending. I hope I can draw your attention to events that will interest you and, if you know of something that I've not posted about, please feel welcome to let me know about it.